| The Assessing Department is responsible for the valuation of the taxable parcels throughout the Township. Both real property (land & buildings) and personal property (tangible property held by businesses) are taxable.
Springfield Township Civic Center
12000 Davisburg Road
Davisburg, MI 48350
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Phone: (248) 846-6530
Fax: (248) 846-6536
Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemption
Protests of the value placed on property may be filed with the March Board of Review. The dates of Board of Review are listed on the assessment change notice that is mailed at the end of February and are also published in a local newspaper (The Oakland Press). You may appeal by letter or appear in person. You must call and schedule an appointment to appear before the Board of Review. Board of Review is conducted during the first two (2) weeks of March each year.
March Board of Review
Dates and Times
Petition to Board of Review
Click below for examples, questions and answers to help you better understand Proposal "A".
A Guide to your Property Taxes
Property Tax Exemptions
All parties wishing to appeal on the basis of FINANCIAL NEED must complete a Property Tax Exemption Application and return it to the Assessing Office. The appeal is for real property taxes and cannot include special assessments. Final determination is made by the Board of Review.
2015 Property Tax Exemption Application and Instructions
For questions regarding Property Tax Exemptions, please contact the Assessing Office at:
Principal Residence Exemption - Forms and Guidelines
Exemption from certain portions of property taxes can be granted for your principal residence. You must complete the applicable form (see below) and submit it to the Assessing Department.
For additional assistance, contact the State of Michigan Department of Treasury.
Michigan Department of Treasury
Lansing, MI 48922
Public Record Data Access
Click the button below to search for property-specific:
A new browser window will open to begin your search.
Disclaimer: The data on this site is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. The Township of Springfield assumes no responsibility for any decisions based upon the information contained in the database.
Information on individual parcels can also be accessed using the computer at the Assessing counter located in the lower level of the Civic Center.
Send Us Photos of Your House!
Don’t like the photo of your house?
Want new photos on our website?
If you would like a different photo of your property displayed on our Web site or have something about your property you want to share with us, you can now send us your own photos for inclusion in the public record.
Please email your photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
- Make sure your photo doesn’t show anything you would not want to share on our site. For example, vehicle license plates and pictures that include people should not be included.
- Make sure the photo you upload is in the .JPG or .PDF format.
- Include a note in the comments if there is something specific you are alerting us to.
- Try to get the entire structure framed within the photo.
- Include the address and parcel number of the property and the approximate date the photo was taken.
- Label the photo. For example, front, back, garage, outbuilding, lake front, left side, etc.
- Note: We reserve the right to either use or not use your photo and to edit it as necessary for display purposes. The photos you upload will become part of the public record associated with your parcel.